Depot History

Ace your homework & exams now with Quizwiz!

When were the freight cars built?

1970s

Where are the Depot booths from?

Church pew booths are from Grace Evangelical Christian Church in Allentown, PA.

When was Depot built?

N&W Freight Depot built around 1914 (Not ever used as a passenger terminal).

What are the dimensions of the freight cars?

50 ft. long, 10 ft. high, and approx. 50 tons still in use before being purchased for conversion to Depot Kitchen still on original wheels.

Where is the back bar from?

Back bar is old pharmacy counter from Edinburg, VA and dates back to use during Civil War. 1860's era from Shenandoah Valley with original stained glass.

Who uses the railroad tracks?

Norfolk Southern still use near tracks while tracks by the river are CSX operated and frequently carries coal and other bulk goods.

What is special about the restaurant location?

Restaurant is a privately owned Island in middle of City Park.

How long has Depot Grille been in existence in Lynchburg

Since 2004

Where was the original Depot Grille, and when was it opened?

Staunton, VA (Shenandoah Valley). Opened 20 years ago.


Related study sets

Chapter 11 - Project Risk Management

View Set

AP Psychology Chapter 18 Objectives

View Set

A Variety of Programming Languages

View Set